Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Things I Don't Understand Entry #1

January 5th, 2009. Today at the store this couple came in and was shopping around. I was talking to my co-workers when I smelt something that I thought was coming from my co-worker Brent and when I smelled his shirt I was sure it was that which smelled like must. But he insisted it wasn't him and when we went into the stock room he explained that it was the customers. After passing the fitting room where the lady had just left, I realized he was right. The couple he explained are probably part of those naturalist types who don't bathe often. Once the couple left, after leaving their stench of body odor throughout the store, we attempted to get rid of it with Lysol, but that just seemed to mix with the BO and make an even worse stink.
I could not image how someone could come to the rational that bathing as little as possible is acceptable. Its not only hygienically displeasing to the senses of others, plus I would think that oneself would be sickened by the stench considering I know for a fact that people know when they smell, I know when I smell, but it also has to be unhealthy with all the germs that your body picks up a day. I know there are days when I don't shower, but that's when I know I'm not going to a public place. If I don't shower in the morning I feel sticky and as though I do smell and people think I stink. Even if I take a shower at night before bed or I feel like I don't really need to take a full shower cause I did nothing, I'll splash myself off in the morning to ensure that I get off all the natural sweat that your body releases all the time (I did that this morning =)). In closing, having a reduced body cleansing schedule is not an acceptable way of life. If you do decide to shower less, stay away from public places or at least spray yourself with a bottle perfume and disinfectant to ensure that others are not punished for your life choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment