Monday, January 18, 2010

Drivers in Vegas

So I felt that the award blog shouldn't really count for my blog for the day, plus I have other things to say that didn't quite go in there so here's the second blog of the day!

So I was finally able to get my lazy butt out of bed this morning and go to the gym. I went to yoga class and then ran for a little while after. The yoga teacher was one of those stereotypical hippie looking yoga people. She had crazy curly hair, some tight clothes which defined her muscles but also showed her saggy old lady butt. And she kind of didn't smell good. She passed by me and reeked. It was either BO or some stinky perfume. Then again it could have been my shirt cause I smelled it later and it didn't smell that nice. But I really did like her class. I actually felt my muscles working and felt like the class can have some impact on me, as opposed to some of the other yoga classes that I've taken there.

On my way home from the gym it started raining. Its supposed to be rainy all week long. I like the change in weather. Something you may not know about me: I wish I could drag race. I'm a speedster and today it actually might have saved my life, or at least prevented a car accident. When I was getting on the freeway, a van was in the lane beside me. I speed up and took the turn close so I could get in front of the van. I could feel my car swerve a little from the water on the road. When I looked in my rear view mirror I saw the van hydroplaning, it hit the wet spot on the road and its back tires swerved back and forth across the two lanes of the on ramp. Luckily he stayed pretty much in control and it didn't appear that he hit any of the other cars getting on the freeway at the same time. If I hadn't speed off, and I remained the same speed as him, he would have hit me and knocked me off the road.
A few miles down the road, a Fed Ex truck had flipped on its side, most likely he took the curve of the off ramp too fast in the rain and lost control. People in Vegas act like they don't know what rain is and drive insane. A typical day there are so many accidents that happen, it has to at least double or triple during rainy days. I feel bad for the people whose packages were in that truck cause they are probably beaten and broken from the accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment