I love any type of writing with figurative language and luckily, probably the only reason why this book is keeping me interested, A Million Little Pieces is filled with descriptive parts. This is one of my favorites: "Darkness retreats and the Sun rises. Red, yellow, and orange creep into clear blue, the sweet airborne calls of waking birds echo across the black mirror of the Lake, a crisp draft carries the bitter of cold into the reserve of night. I stand and I walk back to the Unit and the dew on the dead grass soaks through my shoes and I watch my feet break the crystalline perfection of the morning's drops and the drops are just another thing I've destroyed, another thing I can't fix or bring back, another beautiful thing ruined by my carelessness."
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Figurative Language
January 15th, 2010. Me 0. New Years Resolutions 2. I'm not doing so good with this blogging everyday goal....Still reading A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. I'm attempting to finish it as soon as I can because I purchased my next book: Dear John! This reading thing seems to take me longer now than it used to. One summer I remember reading at least 10 books. That was when I didn't have a job or cable to distract me. Oh well. I'm at page 156 out of 429 so less than half way done. I'm about headed to Starbucks to sip some coffee and get some serious reading done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment