My friend Teresa and I were born about a week apart in November and almost every time we talk we go through the, "I can't believe how old we are," or "I can't believe how old we are going to be." Today I brought up the point that this year we are turning 25. Now even though I accept that yes we are still young, turning 25 is a pretty major step. Its half way to 30 and that just brings the reality check that we are adults. It seems like in your 20-24 years you are still kind of a teenager. Most people go to college during these years so its not until after these years that the transition into adulthood really takes place. When you are 25 it seems like life should be somewhat planned out, either a career path started or at least planned out. And it all just makes my head spin with how fast my life is passing by, and I feel like I have accomplished so little.
So with the depressing talk done, tomorrow is a new day and hopefully I'll be able to take a few steps in obtaining a potential career position. My plan is to go to the ever so trendy and studious setting of Starbucks to sit on my laptop, and while sitting some coffee edit my resume and submit it to as many jobs as I possibly can. While I am being productive in the perfect career search part of my life, I also plan to take advantage of the potential social encounters and hopefully meet some people or maybe even a date. In the movie 500 Days of Summer, Summer ends up meeting her husband while shes reading Dorian Grey at a Cafe. So I'm being optimistic and thinking the same thing could happen to me. We shall see.



No comments:
Post a Comment